Safari Theme Baby Shower

I had such a fun time decorating for this baby shower with my Aunt.  The parents chose to not know the sex of the baby until it's born, so we went with mostly green and tan with some accent colors.  The mommy-to-be spent time on mission in Africa and the jungle/safari theme was a perfect fit for her.

Future mama, Amy, with our folded paper backdrop and gift area. Get the how-to here.

I hung these super cheap and easy paper sack flowers on the front door.  You can get the tutorial here.

They also looked nice hung over the windows.

Especially with some streamer-swag.
(How great is their view?)






My Aunt created these cut paper candle holders to say "baby" and I love how they turned out!  She cut card stock and put green tissue paper behind it, sticking the papers with tape to dollar store candle holders.

A friend of the mommy-to-be created this lovely strawberry topiary.  I believe it was made with skewers and styrofoam balls.

Love these Fisher Price paper lanterns.

My aunt added tulle to one to in the entryway.

LOVE this idea!  Amy had a money tree for people to leave donations for the place where she served in Africa.  She displayed photos from her time there and really wanted to give to people whose babies wouldn't have all the things that her baby will have.

My Aunt made these great leaf decorations out of cut scrapbook paper with twine sewed on.  They will make an adorable decoration for the baby's nursery, too.

My aunt worked so hard on this guest book.  She punched card stock so that every page lined up exactly when stacked, then she added a ring.  We decorated the front with stickers.  Guests each took a page and wrote their words of wisdom for the new parents.

Comments