Paper Fruit Garland

I've been having a blast with the new book I just got for my niece for Christmas, Papercrafting in No Time by Clare Youngs. It has very nice projects and I decided to make this one for a friend of mine whose home is decked out in black and white. I used DCWV's "La Creme" stack which I got at Joann's on sale. I stiched the paper with lime green thread. The cutting was easy, the sewing not as easy as I thought. The book calls for the pieces to be taped together. I decided to use the sewing to hold it together instead, so it was a little trickier with extra threads all over, but I wanted to avoid having lots of tape left over on the back, which stays plain white. Stiching through paper in general was harder than I thought and I had to go over it a few extra times to make the stitches look better. The paper was skiddish compared to fabric. :)

Comments